Go green this weekend! Learn more about the benefits of sustainable living on the 2011 Middle Tennessee Green Homes Tour, sponsored by the U.S. Green Building Council and Cumberland River Compact. One dozen beautiful, eco-friendly homes are on the tour, and each is certified by a green building program.
Tickets are $10 and can be purchased online or at each home. Complimentary parking in the Terrazzo garage.
Terrazzo is Nashville’s only LEED-certified green condominium high-rise. Three of our two-story penthouse homes and one condominium flat are featured on the tour. Here are some of the green features you’ll see at Terrazzo:
- Extensive natural lighting and sweeping views from floor-to-ceiling Low-e windows
- Spacious, open floorplans with renewable bamboo flooring in the main living areas and eco-friendly carpet in bedrooms
- Large, gourmet kitchens with Energy Star rated appliances, including a gas cooktop, microwave and convection ovens, dishwasher and refrigerator
- Solid surface countertops made from recycled content
- Spacious master baths with a separate soaking tub, large tiled shower and elegant, low-flow fixtures and commodes
- Below-grade parking, preferred spaces for low emission vehicles and secure bicycle storage
During the construction of Terrazzo, more than 75% of construction waste was recycled and diverted from landfills. Today, Terrazzo homeowners continue a strong commitment to environmental sustainability with 35-40% less energy use, 40% less water consumption, regular recycling and green cleaning practices in all the common areas.